Funfetti Pancakes are the ultimate birthday breakfast to make for a friend or loved one! They’re just like birthday cake but in soft and fluffy pancake form. Finish them off with this sweet vanilla glaze and no one can resist!
Funfetti Pancakes for Any Holiday
I could say I made these pancakes for my kids but I totally made them for myself too.
I’ve long wanted to make funfetti pancakes and New Years Day is the perfect excuse (though I had to make them earlier in order to share them with you, but there’s no complaints around here on that one).
And now I can’t wait for my husband and kids to make these for me on my birthday :). Or any other holiday.
That is the great thing about these though, they are perfectly customizable with the different blends of multi-color sprinkles you can buy these days.
I actually wanted to share them before Christmas with red and green sprinkles but didn’t get to sharing them soon enough.
Perfecting the Flavor
I made these a few times trying to get the right amount of flavor. At first I made them with just the milk and no lemon juice and I found them to be too bland, even with the vanilla and almond extracts.
So the second time around I added just the hint of lemon juice and it really works wonders without being overbearing at all – which will leave you tasting those classic, delicious funfetti flavors (which comes from the vanilla and almond extracts).
The Glaze is a Must!
Cover a stack of fluffy, sprinkle filled, funfetti flavored pancakes with a rich and creamy vanilla glaze, top them with a dollop of whipped cream and MORE sprinkles and you know they’ll brighten anyones day! They are a holiday or birthday breakfast dream come true.
Happy New Year everyone!
More Pancake Recipes You’ll Love
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
- The Best Pumpkin Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
Follow Cooking Classy
Funfetti Pancakes are the ultimate birthday breakfast to make for a friend or loved one! Plus they're customizable for other holidays too, just use different sprinkles. They're just like birthday cake but in soft and fluffy pancake form. Finish them off with this sweet vanilla glaze and no one can resist!
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 5 Tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (96g) rainbow jimmies sprinkles, plus more for serving
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- 2 cups (246g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half, then more if needed
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the pancakes: Preheat a non-stick electric griddle to about 375 degrees.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out milk then add lemon juice and whisk together, let rest 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, make a well in center of flour mixture.
In a separate large mixing bowl whisk eggs together until blended then pour in milk mixture, almond extract and vanilla extract and whisk mixture until well blended. Mix in melted butter.
- Pour milk mixture into well in flour mixture and whisk to combine slightly, then add sprinkles and whisk until batter is blended but still slightly lumpy (don't over-mix or pancakes won't be fluffy).
- If needed spritz griddle with non-stick cooking spray (if it has a good non-stick coating you may not need it), then pour batter out into rounds about 1/4 cup at a time onto griddle.
- Cook until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook on opposite side until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla glaze, whipped cream and more sprinkles.
For the glaze: In a mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar, half and half, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Add in more half and half just a little at a time to thin if needed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap until ready to serve.