Once you try this Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta you’ll be wondering where this easy, flavorful dish has been your whole life! It’s such a delicious combination of flavors and it goes perfectly with a side of orzo.
Healthy Delicious Mediterranean Recipe
Over the past few years I’ve totally fallen in love with Mediterranean food. It’s so fresh, it’s nicely seasoned, it’s bright and balanced plus it’s generally healthy.
This recipe is a great example of that.
Here you saute onions and garlic on olive oil then you add in vitamin rich tomatoes and McCormick spices and let that simmer for a few minutes and reduce.
Then you add in the shrimp and cook it right in the sauce so it gets a chance to soak up those flavors.
And you finish it off with a fair amount of that delicious tangy feta and fresh herbs.
What to Serve with Greek Shrimp
I like to serve it with whole grain crusty bread for soaking up that sauce or a lemony orzo with asparagus.
For the orzo I just cook orzo according to package directions then drain and toss with a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, and toss in steamed asparagus and parsley.
It’s super easy and a perfect side dish to accompany this shrimp.
As I’ve mentioned before McCormick is my go-to brand for spices. They always have consistent flavor that you can count on and they bring flavor dishes that would otherwise be so drab and boring.
McCormick spices can make healthy eating so much more enjoyable. Who wants to eat something flavorless?
Easy Shrimp Recipe
I know many Greek Shrimp recipes are baked or broiled in the oven but I prefer to cook this dish from start to finish on the stovetop.
This way it’s easier to keep an eye on the shrimp and so they don’t over-cook, plus cooking it on the stovetop is faster than the oven so you can have this shrimp ready in no time!
If you aren’t a big fan of mint no worries, just finish it off with more parsley.
I hope you love this easy recipe! It will have you thinking wellness never tasted so good!
More Recipes You Might Like
Follow Cooking Classy
Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp McCormick Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs large shrimp (21/25), peeled and deveined
- 5 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat is fine)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute until tender, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Pour in tomatoes, honey, parsley, oregano and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in shrimp and submerge in sauce. Cover and cook until shrimp are cooked through, tossing once halfway through, about 6 - 7 minutes total.
- Sprinkle with feta and mint. Serve warm with lemon wedges for spritzing and cooked orzo or crusty bread if desired.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy