Grilled Dijon Chicken (4 Ingredients!)
August 7, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Dijon Chicken – made with just a few basic ingredients yet it’s perfectly vibrant and rich in flavor! Just what you need for a quick and easy summertime dinner.
Easy Chicken Recipe
Four ingredient recipes are some of my favorites! Life just happens and gets super busy sometimes and we need real life dinners.
Dinners that pack in the flavor, that are made up of inexpensive ingredients, and that are super fast.
This checks all the boxes. Who knew somethings so simple could be so good?
And if you want to sweeten it up a little add in a little bit of honey. Can’t go wrong with that flavor combo!
Four Ingredients Needed
- Chicken breasts: Use boneless skinless. Chicken thighs will work great too.
- Mayonnaise: This multi-purpose staple adds a delicious richness.
- Dijon mustard: This packs so much flavor. Perfect for minimalistic recipes.
- Garlic: Feel free to double this up for stronger garlic flavor.
- Salt and pepper is also highly recommended. Chicken is so bland without it.
- Parsley is optional for a nice pop of color and freshness.
How to Make Grilled Dijon Chicken
- Heat grill: Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat, to about 425 degrees.
- Make basting sauce: In a small mixing bowl stir together dijon mustard, mayonnaise, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Flatten chicken: Pound thicker portions of chicken with with a meat mallet to help even the thickness.
- Coat one side with sauce: Brush top side of chicken pieces with plenty of the mustard sauce.
- Place on grill, coat second side: Place on preheated grill, brush the uncoated side with mustard sauce.
- Cook through: Cover and grill until chicken registers 165 degrees in center of thickest portion, about 4 minutes per side.
- Optionally garnish: Sprinkle with parsley if using and serve warm.
- Work to use up all the sauce to coat the chicken.
- Check internal temperature of chicken with an instant read thermometer, chicken breasts dry quickly once you cook past 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest a few minutes before serving to allow juices to evenly redistribute.
- Add a tablespoon or two of honey.
- Try it with other herbs like rosemary, thyme or Herbs de Provence.
- If you don’t own a grill try baking it in the oven.
- Double up the sauce, set half aside before basting the chicken to use as a dip.
What to Serve with It
This is delicious with:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Vegetables
- Strawberry Spinach Salad (and a sweet poppy seed dressing)
- Steamed vegetables such as asparagus or broccoli
More Tasty Grilled Chicken Recipes to Try
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Chicken Thighs with Garlic and Herbs
- Moroccan Chicken
- Sticky Honey Orange Chicken
Follow Cooking Classy
Garlic Dijon Grilled Chicken
Made with just a few basic ingredients yet it's perfectly vibrant and rich in flavor! Just what you need for a quick and easy dinner.
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 4 (6 - 7 oz.) chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat a gas grill over medium-high heat, to about 425 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together dijon mustard, mayonnaise, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pound thicker portions of chicken with with a meat mallet to help even the thickness. Brush top side of chicken pieces with plenty of the mustard sauce.
- Place on preheated grill, sauce coated side down, then brush the uncoated side with mustard sauce.
- Cover and grill until chicken registers 165 degrees in center of thickest portion, about 4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with parsley if using and serve warm.
Garlic Dijon Grilled Chicken
Amount Per Serving
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g19%
Vitamin A 362IU7%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition values are estimates only. See full disclaimer here.