Believe it or not this is the first pork chop recipe I’ve ever shared on here. To be honest I haven’t cooked with them for a long time, we just always opt for chicken, beef or another cut of pork but I decided to give them another chance and I’m so glad I did! These Orange-Sage Pork Chops were so flavorful and they were also so easy to prepare!
Orange-Sage Pork Chops
They are perfect for quick weeknight meals and the bright, fresh flavors will leave you wanting them again soon.
Tender pork chops are seared in a hot skillet with Butter Spread which gives you a great flavorful base.
Then you saute some garlic in that same skillet and pour in a lightly sweetened orange juice and chicken broth mixture and scrape up those delicious brown bits from the pan. Then you’ll let that delicious sauce simmer for just a bit. Next, some orange zest and fresh sage is stirred in and boom. Dinner is done.
More Pork Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Pulled Pork Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Barbacoa
Follow Cooking Classy
Orange-Sage Pork Chops
Flavorful, easy pork chop recipe! Perfect for season citrus in the winter and so easy to prepare.
- 4 (5 oz) 1/2-inch thick boneless pork chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread
- 1 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage leaves (fresh rosemary would be a good substitute)
- Season pork chops with 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Melt 2 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook, turning once until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side (USDA lists that pork chops should reach 145 degrees in center of thickest part with a resting period of 3 minutes before serving as safe). Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and let rest at least 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1 Tbsp broth with cornstarch. Mix in remaining 3 Tbsp broth, orange juice, lemon juice and honey.
- After removing pork chops from skillet, reduce skillet temperature to medium. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a same skillet.
- Add garlic and saute 20 seconds or until lightly golden. Whisk orange juice mixture once more then pour into skillet while scraping bottom to loosen browned bits.
- Bring mixture to a boil whisking constantly, then reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Stir in orange zest and sage.
- Return pork chops to skillet and spoon sauce over chops. Serve warm.
Recipe source: inspired by recipe from I Can't Believe It's Not Butter