Deliciously coconut rice crispy treats! Finished with chocolate chocolate and toasted coconut for a treat everyone will love!
Alas, Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats have met their match. I didn’t know if I could ever have a Rice Krispie Treat I liked as much as those… that is until these came along. I’ve been wanting to make a coconut Rice Krispie Treat for some time now, who knows why I waited this long to try it.
Basically, I love coconut anything. It’s like an instant upgrade to whatever it’s added to. It turns ordinary Rice Krispie Treats into gourmet, extraordinary Rice Krispie Treats.
Once you try these you will likely agree that marshmallows and coconut were made to go together. Try these soon because I’m nearly certain you’re going to fall in love with these irresistibly delicious and incredibly quick and easy White Chocolate Coconut Rice Krispie Treats!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
White Chocolate Coconut Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows - about 40 large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut , toasted (I crumbled mine up a little after toasting)
- Grease an 11x7 baking dish, set aside. Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until marshmallows have completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk in coconut extract. Add Rice Krisipies cereal and optional macadamia nuts and toss mixture until evenly coated. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and using a buttered spatula, spread and gently press mixture into an even layer.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power, in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Spread melted white chocolate evenly over Rice Krispie Treats. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and gently press coconut into melted white chocolate. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and allow chocolate to set and harden at room temperature before cutting into squares (alternately you could speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to set) or cut and serve immediately for ooey gooey marshmallow, melty white chocolate Rice Krispie Treats (my favorite, but I love melted candy bars so maybe don't go with my judgement =).
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy