Two of my all time favorite treat are Muddy Buddies and Rice Krispie Treats. Who doesn’t love the both of them? I’ve been making each of them since I was little and I could barely reach the counter to prepare them. Recently I was thinking rather than always having to choose one over the other I would just combine the two into one, because after all they both begin with rice cereal so they do have something in common. Let me just say these are seriously delicious! Now you, like me, wont have to choose one treat over the other, with these you get two in one. Got to love that! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 oz) package miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Butter a 13x9 baking dish, set aside. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add in marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until marshmallows have melted. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies Cereal. Pour Rice Krispie Treats into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer using a buttered spatula.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave mixture on HIGH power in 30 second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour melted chocolate mixture over Rice Krispie Treats and spread into an even layer. Using a fine mesh sieve, sprinkle powdered sugar over chocolate layer. Cut into squares, store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy