I’ll be honest I’ve been hesitant to share this post with you guys. Balsamic chicken is never the prettiest thing (I’ve already trashed two other balsamic chicken posts in the past because they just don’t look good – you’d be surprise how much I make but don’t actually share), BUT the flavor of this easy Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner makes if far too good not to share! It only takes about 15 minutes to prep and it cooks in 20 minutes (or less) so you’ll have a delicious, flavorful dinner in no time! And you’ll be loving every single bite!
You could use different veggies here than the ones I’ve chosen if you’d like, but with that said keep in mind the roasting times other vegetables may take. I chose the ones here not only for their nice blend of colors but because they roast in the oven fairly quick so they’ll be done the same time as the chicken is (if you were to use something else like diced red potatoes or halved brussels sprouts just give it a head start in the oven with a little bit of the olive oil first). Another thing I wanted to mention is that you could also just toss in the tomatoes at the end if you’d rather they weren’t soft (which I may try next time). And if you don’t want to dirty another cutting board (like me) then be sure to cut all the veggies first (including the tomatoes and parsley) before you dice up the chicken.
This is a healthy meal I’ll make again and again, especially on busy weeknights so even if it may not look the best it still tastes unbelievably good so you really do need to try it! You just can’t go wrong with balsamic vinegar. Pour it on just about anything and I’ll eat it (almost literally, have you tried vanilla gelato swirled with a balsamic glaze? Oh my oh my is it heavenly). When this is done roasting you’ll have lots of balsamic and veggie pan juices, just pour it over each serving when plating it up. So delish!
If you like this sheet pan dinner be sure to check out my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas, my Chicken Broccoli Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner and this flavorful Lemon Chicken Asparagus and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner. All have the same concept – just dice it, dress it, toss it and roast it. So easy and so good!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (about 7 oz) zucchini, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 small (about 7 oz) yellow squash, stemmed, diced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
- 1 medium broccoli crown (about 10 oz) cut into small florets
- 1 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces*
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes (halve them if large or if adding at the end)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl (or liquid measuring cup) whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and garlic.
- Add zucchini, squash, broccoli, bell pepper and red onion to a sheet pan, top with chicken then pour balsamic mixture over chicken and veggies. Toss to evenly coat then sprinkle with Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss to coat. Spread into an even layer while working to keep chicken pieces from overlapping. Roast in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven, add tomatoes (or if you don't want them cooked and softened just wait until the end to add them in fresh) and toss everything with a spatula. Spread into an even layer again. Return to oven and roast about 6 - 10 minutes longer until the thicker looking pieces of chicken register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Sprinkle with parsley, season with more salt to taste as desired and serve immediately.
- *Work to cut the chicken pieces all close to the same size so they cook evenly and some don't cook and dry before the others are done.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy