Easy dinners like so were made for busy weeknight meals! This Chicken, Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner will quickly become a new fall fav! It’s so easy to make, clean up is a breeze and your whole family will love it!
Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
This is a healthy dinner that you can feel great about eating and it has such a wonderful blend of flavors and textures. As soon as I took one bite I knew I’d be adding this one to the fall dinner rotation!
We eat a lot of chicken so I love meals like this that are different and switch things up a little.
And of course what I really love here is the one pan. Dump it, toss it, bake it, serve it (and sit back and watch the satisfied eaters).
And let me just add, serving it with a glass of good apple cider is a must (like the kind you get in the produce section in a gallon jug or better yet from a local farm).
How to Make This Sheet Pan Chicken Recipe! Watch the video!
Tips for This Recipe
The trick here is to roast the sweet potatoes for a bit first otherwise you’d end with really dry chicken or hard sweet potatoes and I hate both of those (I peel then dice the sweet potatoes into rounds between 1/2 and 3/4-inch then dice those rounds into cubes).
Sheet pan dinners can be just a little tricky, it’s best to find things that take the same amount of time to roast or give the ones that need it a head start.
I also highly recommend a thermometer with this recipe and any other chicken recipe, it’s the best way to ensure it doesn’t get overcooked and become dry (just start testing the chicken during the last few minutes, check the pieces that look the biggest).
Add this sheet pan meal to your dinner menu this week. It will make those hectic weeknights so much better when you have this quick and delicious meal to sit down to!
More Sheet Pan Dinners You’ll Love!
- One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner
- Roasted Chicken and Veggies with Garlic Herb Vinaigrette
Follow Cooking Classy
Protein rich chicken pieces and fresh nutritious veggies are tossed with flavorful herbs and spices and all roasted together on a single sheet pan, meany easy dinner and quick clean up! We love this dinner! This is also a great recipe for meal prep for lunch.
- 20 oz sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (2 medium, about 3 cups)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into pieces (about 1 1/4-inches, keep them close to the same size so they all cook even)
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp of each dried thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole or roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, pour 1 Tbsp over top and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes (meanwhile chop and prep remaining ingredients).
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add chicken pieces, broccoli florets, and red onion around sweet potatoes (just placing everything randomly).
- Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle everything with remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil (focusing mostly on the broccoli so it doesn't dry) and toss with a spatula to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary and nutmeg and about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings and spread out evenly (try not to overlap chicken pieces).
- Return to oven and roast about 16 - 20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until chicken registers 165 degrees in center.
Toss in pecans and cranberries. Serve immediately.