Every now and then, I love to splurge a little and have something deliciously satisfying and perfectly comforting, like this simple and hearty Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad! This potato salad only takes 5 ingredients – red potatoes, cheddar cheese, salty crispy bacon, creamy ranch dressing and sliced green onions. What’s not to love there? Yeah, this is a side dish you’ll have on repeat especially during these warmer months ahead.
What makes this potato salad easy to make and why it calls for so few ingredients is because it’s made with a bottle of ranch dressing. I know, normally I’m all about making things from scratch but sometimes when I find a good product I love a good shortcut. I made this potato salad with the new Hidden Valley® Ranch Simply Ranch Dressing. I’m actually really excited about this product! It’s bottled ranch dressing made without any artificial flavors, preservatives or colors. Instead it’s made with real ingredients like buttermilk, garlic, onion, herbs and spices and I like it better than the original! It has a delicious flavor and of course that same classic velvety smooth creamy texture.
The NEW Hidden Valley Simply Ranch is available in three delicious flavors and you can find each of them at Walmart. There’s the Original Classic Ranch, Cucumber Basil Ranch and Chili Lime Ranch. Each flavor is perfect for salads or as a veggie dip, or add as a spread for a delicious hamburger, or kick up your sandwiches by adding a fair spoonful. And of course don’t miss out on trying the ranch with this recipe, it’s the perfect spring and summer side dish! You can’t go wrong with that bacon cheddar ranch combo.
- 2 lbs petite red potatoes, diced into bite size chunks (about 1-inch)
- 2/3 cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used medium)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Add potatoes to a pot. Add enough water to cover potatoes by about 2-inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium and allow to boil until potatoes are fully tender, about 10 minutes. Carefully pour potatoes into a colander to drain. Set aside to cool (to speed cool them run them under cold water until cool).
- Pour cooled potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add in ranch, cheddar, bacon and green onions (you can set aside a few tablespoons of the bacon and green onions for garnish if desired). Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve or cover and chill up to 1 day (if you like the bacon crispy wait to add it until ready to serve).
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.