I’m suddenly hooked on salmon salads. They are healthy, filling and perfectly flavorful. Last time I shared a Greek version and this time around I added Mexican flavors. I can’t say which I like better so be sure to try them both! Like I mentioned before you can substitute chicken for the salmon for a cheaper alternative (cooking times will be longer), but I’d definitely recommend trying it with the salmon at least once.
This dressing can also be made as a delicious veggie dip, simply omit the milk/olive oil. If you are looking for an easier dressing you could use this recipe here and just add milk (and a little olive oil if desired) to thin.
You are going to love the way this Avocado Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing pairs with this seasoned and grilled salmon! If you don’t want to do the extra work of getting all the ingredients for the salad you could just eat it as salmon with the dressing then have some sort of rice or something as a side. Or you could have it in tacos, I’m always game for tacos. The salad is a great way though to get a generous serving of veggies in your diet plus it’s perfect for summer! And once you try this healthy avocado dressing you’ll be hooked!
Mexican Grilled Salmon Salad
- 4 (5 - 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil , plus more for grill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime , halved
- 1 head Romain lettuce
- 10 oz grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 cucumber , peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1/2 red onion , sliced and rinsed under cool water to remove harsh bite
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 oz Queso Fresco or Feta cheese
- Avocado Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing , recipe here
- For the salmon:
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. In a small bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika and onion powder. Brush both sides of salmon with olive oil then season both sides with salt and pepper then sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of each fillet. Dip a paper towel in olive oil then using long handled tongs, brush grill with olive oil. Add salmon to grill and cook about 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Remove from grill and squeeze fresh lime juice over tops.
- For the salad:
- Divide all salad ingredients among 4 plates then top with salmon fillets. Spoon dressing over salad or pour dressing into a resealable bag, seal bag and cut one corner and drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy