Can you tell? I kind of have a thing for cheesecake mousse/no bake cheesecakes/anything remotely related to cheesecake. It’s true, I’m totally obsessed! Long ago I shared a plain Cheesecake Mousse (which is good with raspberry sauce listed, salted caramel sauce or chocolate sauce), I’ve shared these No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce, these No Bake Cheesecake Bars with Fresh Blueberry Sauce, then more recently I shared a Lemon Cheesecake Mousse and a Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse…and now onto this spectacular Mint Cheesecake Mousse! I mean if you search cheesecake on my blog I’m sure a ridiculous amount of recipes will come up (I’m thinking Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Cheesecake Cupcakes, Key Lime Cheesecake, Carrot Cake Cheesecake, Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes, heart swirled Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake and even more). Cheesecake is simply theeee best! It’s rich, it’s luscious and it’s always just a little slice of heaven that is the perfect ending and highlight to any meal. If you have good taste in food you are a cheesecake lover, just my wise and accurate opinion :).
I love the mint chocolate chip combination so it only makes sense to combine that with cheesecake. I thought of doing a baked cheesecake with these flavors but I love these elegant individual servings and I also love the texture of a whipped up mousse. If you are looking for a dessert to make this weekend (or for any upcoming holiday or celebration) make these! They are irresistibly amazing to say the least!
- 13 regular Oreos (150g), finely crushed in a food processor
- 2 Tbsp (28g) butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) heavy cream
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- Green and yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 tsp mint extract*
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (3.5 oz) bar good quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (or more to taste)
- Sweetened whipped cream, mint leaves and finely chopped chocolate for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl stir together crushed Oreos and butter, divide mixture among 8 small dessert cups and gently press into an even layer. Add water to a small bowl then sprinkle gelatin evenly over top, let rest 5 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup (35g) of the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form (shake excess on beater blades into bowl, no need to rinse), set aside.
- Add cream cheese to a separate mixing bowl and mix with electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups (164g) powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add in mint and peppermint extract, and food coloring if using (I used about 16 drops green and 8 drops yellow - just a generic brand but they're probably all about the same) and mix until combined, set aside.
- Heat gelatin mixture in microwave on high power for 30 seconds then remove and whisk 1 minute to ensure it dissolves well. Let cool 3 minutes (not longer or it may start to set) then pour gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture and immediately blend with hand mixer to combined. Add whipped cream mixture and chopped chocolate to cream cheese mixture and fold just until evenly combined. Pour mixture in batches into a piping bag and pipe mousse over Oreo crust layer (or just spoon it into cups). Chill 3 hours.
- Serve chilled and if desired (just before serving) pipe sweetened whipped cream over top, garnish with mint and chopped chocolate.
- *If you don't want to purchase both the mint and peppermint extract you can just use 3/4 tsp of the peppermint extract. I just prefer the blend of the two.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy