This 7 Layer Dip is the ultimate party food! It’s jam packed with layers of fresh flavor and makes the best snack. Whenever I make a batch of this it disappears in no time. It’s definitely a family favorite!
7 Layer Dip
You’ll find several variations of 7 Layer Bean Dip online but this one is the best I’ve tried! Here’s how my version goes.
- It’s begins with Rosarita refried beans combined with a can of Ro*tel tomatoes and green chilies, then you’ll season that mixture with some Mexican spices.
- After that there’s a layer of fresh, easy guacamole (yum!!).
- Next is a rich and creamy sour cream layer.
- And here we get to an absolute must have layer – the cheese layer! It wouldn’t be the same without the cheese.
- Then it’s garnished with sliced black olives. Who doesn’t love those?
- Now bring on the tomatoes! They add so much freshness.
- And last up it’s finished with green onions for added color and taste.
Now just imagine all that together on one chip. You know it’s got to be good right?
How to Make Seven Layer Bean Dip
Yep. The photo is moving :). I created this quick GIF so you can see how all these layers come together here. I mean doesn’t that look too irresistible??
Can I Make This Dip in Advance?
I’ve made this dip the day before and haven’t had any issues with it. As long as you are using good Hass avocados and adding the lime juice, then of course covering up that guacamole layer completely then browning shouldn’t be an issue.
Just cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Perfect Game Day Recipe
This is the perfect food for to serve a during all the basketball games this season! Whether or not you or your friends are into sports this is something that will have everyone wanting to show up to the game day party!
It’s total comfort food and it has so many delicious flavors that pair so well together. It may take some prep with all those layers but trust me, it’s so worth it!
It also makes a great weekend lunch if you ask me.
More Dip Recipes You Might Like
7-Layer Bean Dip
This 7 Layer Dip is the ultimate party food! 7 layers of goodness - refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, olives, tomatoes and green onions. No one will be able to resist!
- 1 (16 oz) can Rosarita Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained (use Mild if you don't like much heat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium avocados, peeled and cored (Hass are preferred)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 oz . sour cream
- 1/2 (6 oz can) black olives, sliced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 3/4 cups finely shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
In a medium mixing bowl stir together refried beans, canned tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt/ 1/4 tsp pepper). Spread mixture into an even layer in 7 by 11-inch baking dish.
Mash avocado with lime juice. Mix in cilantro and season with remaining 1/4 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste. Spread into an even layer over the bean layer in baking dish, then spread sour cream over avocado layer.
Sprinkle with cheese, black olives over sour cream layer then top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with tortillas chips. Dip can be made a day in advance, just cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
This post was sponsored by Mirum Shopper, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.