You can never have too many salad recipes so here is yet another one to add to your rotation! I love the fall flavors in this salad and how easy it is to throw together (quite literally).
I originally planned to make this salad without the bacon and red onions but in the end I felt I wanted it to just have a little more, plus at times like this it’s hard to resist the urge to add bacon when I know it would only enhance to the max. You could definitely make it without but I’m thinking you like it better with bacon just like I did, and the red onions is totally optional. I’m the only one in my family that likes them on salad so I just add them to mine.
I love all the versatility of this salad yet how well it all comes together. You get so many different textures and flavors but each one compliments the other.
If you don’t yet have a salad on your menu for Thanksgiving I’d highly recommend this one. Yeah, I had three servings, just that good!
Follow Cooking Classy
Apple Pecan Feta Spinach Salad
The perfect salad to make anytime of year since good apples are always easy to come by. Spinach is layered with fresh juicy apples, crunchy pecans, tangy feta, sweet cranberries, salty bacon and it's finished with bright cider vinaigrette.
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 3 small gala apples or 2 medium , cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pecans , toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled (don't use the pre-crumbled stuff)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz bacon , cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 small red onion , sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- If using red onion, place slices in a colander and run under warm water for about 10 seconds, tossing once, to remove harsh bite. Drain well.
- In a large salad bowl toss together spinach, apples, pecans, feta, cranberries and optional bacon and red onion. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately after adding dressing.
- For the dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a medium mason jar. Cover with lid and shake to blend well (or alternately just blend well in a bowl with a whisk).
- Recipe source: inspired by Southern Living