Garlic Butter Chicken Bites – the easiest 15 minute recipe that requires minimal prep and a few basic ingredients, yet it wows with flavor! A new weeknight dinner staple!
After you try this recipe, also try my Honey Garlic Steak Bites too!
Easy Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
Tender, juicy, bite size pieces of chicken breast are pan seared until beautifully golden brown and coated in a rich garlic and butter sauce. Does dinner get any better?
This is my something out of nothing dinner. You likely already have all of the ingredients on hand to make these and those that you don’t can be swapped for other flavors.
I keep chicken stocked in the freezer, garlic lasts for weeks and the parsley is one herb I use in almost anything.
This is also my super lazy dinner. You’ll love the quick prep and super fast cook time.
A fool proof chicken recipe everyone can enjoy!
Ingredients Needed for This Easy Chicken Bites Recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts: You’ll need about 3 medium for this recipe.
- All-purpose flour: in a pinch bread flour or even cake flour would work too.
- Italian seasoning: Or just substitute 1/2 tsp dried basil 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp thyme.
- Salt and pepper: I like to use a scant 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, but go with the amounts you prefer.
- Olive oil: Just use standard refined olive oil not extra-virgin with a lower smoke point.
- Butter: I like to use unsalted but salted will work fine.
- Garlic: Only use fresh garlic here. It really is key to great flavor in this dish.
- Fresh parsley: You can double this up for more herby flavor if preferred.
Scroll below for ingredient amounts, directions and print option.
How to Make Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
- Heat pan: Preheat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dry chicken (for a better sear): Dab chicken on all sides dry with paper towels.
- Toss chicken with flour and seasonings: Sprinkle over flour and Italian seasoning, and season with desired amount of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat (all flour should stick to chicken and not be left behind on cutting board, keep tossing if needed).
- Heat oil and 1 Tbsp butter in skillet: Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter to skillet, butter should melt quickly. Tilt pan to evenly coat.
- Sear chicken: Add chicken in an even layer, work to leave some space between pieces so they’ll brown rather than steam. Let cook until nicely golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then flip to opposite side and cook 2 minutes longer, or until nearly cooked through.
- Finish with butter, garlic and parsley: Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter in small pieces, garlic and parsley. Cook 1 minute longer.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes. If you prefer chicken thighs those will work here too. Just go with boneless skinless and trim away visible fat, then cook about 1 minute longer.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter Chicken Bites?
To keep that super fast dinner idea going I like to serve it with:
- Lemon couscous: See notes in recipe for guide to make it.
- Pasta: Again a lemony pasta would be good or parmesan pasta
- No knead bread: Melt in a little extra butter for sopping up with the bread, yum!
- Sautéed vegetables: -you can leave out the garlic so it’s not overkill)
- Or steamed vegetables (like asaragus, carrots or broccoli)
More Bite Size Chicken Recipes to Try
- Chicken Nuggets – they’re oven baked yet so incredibly delicious!
- Chicken Fajita Kebabs – all the classic flavors of a fajita but in fun to serve kebab form.
- Honey Lime Chicken Skewers – made with a super simple marinade.
- Lemon Parmesan Chicken – similar to this recipe but with the addition of cheese!
- Teriyaki Chicken – a take-out classic you just can’t go wrong with.
Follow Cooking Classy
Garlic Butter Chicken Bites
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (4 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley*
- Preheat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dab chicken on all sides dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle flour, Italian seasoning, and desired amount of salt and pepper (I use about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper) over chicken. Toss well to evenly coat (all flour should stick to chicken and not be left behind on cutting board, keep tossing if needed).
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter to skillet, butter should melt quickly. Tilt pan to evenly coat.
- Add chicken in an even layer, work to leave some space between pieces so they'll brown rather than steam.
- Let cook until nicely golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then flip to opposite side and cook 2 minutes longer, or until nearly cooked through.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp butter in small pieces, along with garlic and parsley. Cook 1 minute longer (chicken should be 165 in center and no longer be pink).
- Serve right away.
- *For extra herb flavor double up on the parsley. For another layer of flavor you can finish by juicing in half a lemon.
- Nutrition estimate based on 3 servings. Does not include added salt.
- For a quick side I like to serve this with lemon couscous. To make it just bring 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth, 2 Tbsp lemon and 2 Tbsp water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once it boils, add 1 cup couscous (not pearl), then remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
- I also love to serve it with sautéed or steamed vegetables for a quick meal (such as squash, zucchini, asparagus or broccoli).