Perfect Greek Salad. You can never have too many salad recipes right? Especially when they are this delicious and healthy. This salad is a breeze to make and it’s coated with such a delicious Greek salad dressing. It just requires some simple chopping and quick mixing a voila, you’ve got a seriously tasty side dish!
How To Make Greek Salad
To make this simple salad all you need to do is chop up an assortment of fresh Mediterranean veggies and some olives, add a simple dressing and some feta and you’ll have a delicious salad everyone will love in no time!
Here you can use Calamata olives or black olives – I prefer a blend of both but if you don’t keep both on hand just go with what you like. Also, if you want to remove the harsh bite from the red onions, just rinse them under warm water (and drain) before adding to the salad.
And yes the avocado is optional – it’s not so traditional but trust me it just makes the salad that much better. Just be sure not to use one that’s very soft or it will just mash up when you toss the salad.
Greek Salad Ingredients
- Roma Tomatoes (grape tomatoes are delicious too)
- Red Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Kalamata or Black Olives
- Feta Cheese
Greek Salad Dressing
I love that this Greek Salad Dressing calls for ingredients that you likely keep on hand. It’s just some olive oil, fresh lemon, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs, plus a hint of honey to balance the tartness and act as an emulsifier and bind the dressing a little.
It’s made of simple ingredients yet it packs a flavorful punch! This dressing also goes great on a lettuce based salad as well or toss it over a pasta salad.
This salad is a perfect side dish any time of year. Serve it with a side of soup or roasted chicken in the winter then in the summer serve it with grilled chicken and orzo or chicken salad pita. It’s likely to become a go-to!
Other Best Greek Recipes
Be sure to check out some of the other greek recipes I have posted.
- Grilled Salmon with Avocado Greek Salsa and Orzo
- Greek Orzo Salad
- Greek Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki Sauce
Follow Cooking Classy
A simple salad loaded with lots of fresh veggies, olives and feta and tossed with a tangy lemon-herb vinaigrette. Brimming with flavor and sure to satisfy those cravings for Greek food!
Greek Salad Dressing
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 large clove)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp honey
- Salt, to taste
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, diced (10 oz)
- 1 medium english cucumber, optionally peeled and sliced into half moons
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced or diced, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green or yellow bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 3/4 cup kalamata or black olives, drained and sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium avocado (not too soft), diced
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk well to blend, season with salt to taste and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives, avocado and feta to a salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over top and gently toss to evenly coat. Add dressing within a few minutes of serving for best results.
- Recipe Source: inspired by Simply Recipes