Nutella Mini Cheesecakes! Two of the best flavors in one decadent and charming, individually portioned dessert!
Nutella Mini Cheesecakes
I would love to open a bakery one day and of course there would be a large variety of fancy cupcakes. Half of them would likely be cheesecake cupcakes – like these.
Cheesecake is one of the worlds greatest desserts in my opinion with its rich, luscious and creamy filling that’s perfectly sweet and balanced with just the right amount of light tang. It’s the royalty of desserts in my opinion.
I love how versatile it is too, the flavor variations are endless. My new favorite way to make cheesecake is in cupcake form (if you haven’t tried my Cheesecake Cupcakes with Salted Caramel or Strawberry Sauce, be sure to try those soon too). They are less messy than a whole cheesecake, no slicing is necessary and I love how they are single serve, hand hold-able portions.
I’m sure I’ll be posting many more variations on the cheesecake cupcake in the future, but for now be sure you try this one soon!
It is definitely one of my new favorite cheesecakes with its perfect layering of a delicious Oreo crust, its rich and perfectly creamy, Nutella cheesecake filling, and it’s topping of lightly crunchy, toasted hazelnuts that clings to the edges of that fluffy, sweet whipped cream, all of which is finished with a garnish of real chocolate sprinkles.
These are cupcakes done right!
Follow Cooking Classy
Nutella Mini Cheesecakes
- 12 Oreos , finely crushed*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salted butter , melted
- 6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 12 oz cream cheese , well softened (use full fat)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing using a fork, blend together crushed Oreos and butter.
- Divide mixture evenly among 12 paper lined standard size muffin cups, adding a heaping 1 Tbsp to each. Press crumbs into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together granulated sugar and flour. Add in cream cheese and using an electric hand mixer, whip just until smooth. Blend in eggs.
- Add in milk, sour cream and vanilla and mix just until combined, then add in Nutella and mix just until combined. Tap bowl forcefully against countertop about 30 times to release some of the air bubbles.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups, pouring over crusts and filling each cup nearly full, about 1/4 cup batter in each. Bake in 325 degree oven 20 - 24 minutes until centers only jiggle slightly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature 30 minutes, then cover loosely with plastic wrap or foil and transfer to refrigerator and chill 3 hours.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, hazelnuts, chopped chocolate or chocolate sprinkles (for best results add toppings within a few hours of serving).
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.