Decadent, irresistible and utterly delicious these mini cheesecakes are the perfect way to prepare dessert for a crowd. I’ve made two versions here, one with a strawberry topping and one with salted caramel. You can’t go wrong if you serve these to your guests!
The Best Mini Cheesecakes!
First of all, please do not bake these cheesecake cupcakes in foil liners! I learned the hard way. I made these cupcakes for a get together for like 40 people. I made them a day in advance and had poured them into foil liners to bake.
That night they tasted fine and the next day they tasted like the foil so I had to throw all 24 away. Luckily I had made some other cupcakes but still, it was horrible throwing away so many cupcakes.
They should smack a warning across the label of the foil liners, WARNING this may make your food taste like metal. I don’t think I’ve ever even used foil liners, so maybe I got a bad brand or something but I don’t know that I’ll be using them again.
Anyway on to these cupcakes of mouthwatering perfection. During what would be “my last supper” before I die someday, I want cheesecake to be there and every other carb-heavy high calorie comfort food there is for that matter :).
I made this recipe to be creamy and velvety smooth, with just the right amount of sweetness because that is how I prefer my cheesecake. I also couldn’t decide whether to do a caramel topping or a strawberry sauce so I did half of each and I don’t know that I could pick a favorite.
So, in other words try them both (note that each of the sauce recipes make enough for 24 cupcakes, so half if making both). You could even make a different topping like a blueberry, raspberry, caramel apple, Nutella or chocolate sauce.
If you want the actual cheesecakes to have more of a caramelly flavor (if making the salted caramel), you can simply replace the granulated sugar with brown sugar. Enjoy!
What You Need To Make These Cheesecakes
- graham crackers
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- heavy cream
All you need is simple and easy ingredients to whip up these easy desserts. Then you just need to decide which topping to go for (recipes for both below).
How to Do You Make Mini Cheesecakes?
- Prepare crust mixture then divide among paper liners and press into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Prepare filling pour over graham cracker crust layer.
- Bake 18 – 23 minutes (centers should jiggle slightly).
- Cool 1 hour at room temperature then 2 hours in the fridge.
- Top with caramel or strawberry topping.
Top Tips To Remember
- Don’t use foil liners, I did once and ended with a metallic tasting cheesecake.
- Make these in advance then top with the topping just before serving.
- You can keep the cheesecakes in the fridge or freeze (without topping).
More Cheesecake Recipes To Try;
Follow Cooking Classy
Decadent, irresistible and utterly delicious. These mini cheesecakes are the perfect dessert for a crowd.
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers (from 15 sheets)
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 7 Tbsp salted butter , melted
- 4 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salted Caramel Sauce or Strawberry Sauce , recipes follow
For the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together crushed graham crackers with 3 Tbsp granulated sugar. Pour in melted butter and stir mixture until evenly coated.
Divide graham cracker mixture among 24 paper lined muffin cups, adding a well heaped Tbsp to each (so nearly 2 Tbsp). Press mixture into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
For the cheesecake mixture: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar with 3 Tbsp flour until well blended. Add softened cream cheese to a separate mixing bowl and pour sugar mixture over top. Blend mixture on low speed until smooth.
- Mix in eggs one at a time and blend on low speed, while scrapping sides and bottom of bowl and mixing just until combined after each addition. Add vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream and mix just until combined.
- Tap mixing bowl against counter top about 30 times to release some of the air bubbles. Divide mixture among muffin cups filling each cup nearly full.
Bake in 325 degree oven 18 - 23 minutes (centers should just barely jiggle slightly, don't over-bake. If they begin to crack they are starting to become over-baked). Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator and chill 2 hours. Serve chilled with a spoonful of Salted Caramel Sauce or Strawberry Sauce (note: for best results spoon topping on just before serving). Store in an airtight container in refrigerator or freeze.
This easy and delicious strawberry sauce is the perfect fruity topping to cheesecakes and desserts. Why not try it over ice cream too!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well chopped and mixture is beginning to break down and liquefy (I liked it with some small pieces not completely pureed). Transfer to an airtight container and chill 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
This easy and delicious Caramel sauce is extra delicious and great for topping cheesecakes, ice cream and desserts.
- 1 1 /2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 6 Tbsp salted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Maldon or coarse sea salt , for sprinkling
- Gather all of your ingredients and have them nearby ready to add to the mixture as needed. In a heavy-bottomed 3 quart saucepan, heat sugar and water over moderately high heat whisking constantly to dissolve sugar.
- Once mixture reaches a boil, stop whisking and allow mixture to boil until it reaches a dark amber color, carefully swirling pan occasionally.
- Once mixture reaches a dark amber color, immediately add butter and whisk until butter has melted then immediately remove from heat. Wait 3 seconds then carefully pour in cream and immediately whisk to combine (it will bubble vigorously).
- Whisk until mixture is smooth. Allow caramel to cool several minutes then pour into a glass jar to cool. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt after spooning caramel over cheesecakes.