Who says tacos can only have Mexican flavors? That’s actually what I always used to think until I tried tacos switched up with different types of cuisine, like these Greek Tacos. Once you expand beyond the Mexican style tacos you’ll open a whole new world of taco possibilities.
This chicken would also be perfect for a Thai style salad with a peanut dressing or in a rice or noodle bowl. The chicken is so flavorful thanks to the marinade which consists of robust and vibrant ingredients like lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and fish sauce. And don’t worry I’m still getting used to fish sauce so my recipes stick with smaller amounts so it’s not overbearing. If you’d like more, by all means go ahead.
Taco tuesday just got an incredibly delicious new addition! We absolutely loved these and I hope you do too!
Follow Cooking Classy
Thai Chicken Tacos with Peanut Sauce
A fun and flavorful twist on the classic tacos. Filled with marinated grilled chicken, fresh crisp veggies and a creamy peanut sauce.
Chicken and marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or light olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic , finely minced
- 2 tsp peeled and finely minced ginger
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- Warmed corn or flour tortillas , shredded purple cabbage, shredded carrots, diced red bell peppers, chopped unsalted peanuts, chopped green onions, cilantro
- For the marinade:
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag, seal bag then pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. In a bowl whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, fish sauce, sriracha, garlic, ginger, cilantro and green onions. Pour mixture over chicken in bag and seal bag. Rub marinade over chicken, transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 2 - 4 hours.
- For the peanut sauce:
- Meanwhile prepared peanut sauce by whisking together peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce garlic, ginger, sriracha and hot sauce in a medium bowl.
- To cook chicken:
- Heat a grill to 400 degrees over medium-high heat. Brush grill grates with oil then transfer chicken to grill. Grill until chicken registers 165 in center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and rest 5 minutes then cut into strips or cubes. Serve over tortillas with toppings listed and peanut sauce.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy