That saying, secrets in the sauce, definitely holds true here! This easy Skillet Seared Salmon with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce is one of the easiest tastiest dinners you can make! It requires minimal ingredients and it comes together in no time.
I love to sear salmon in a skillet because it yields a perfectly crisp seared exterior while the interior stays nice and tender. When you think there’s just no time for dinner, there’s always time to sear a salmon fillet and add a bright squeeze of lemon juice. But here we’ve got 5 extra minutes so I made this seriously delicious garlic butter lemon sauce. It’s made up of 4 basic ingredients (garlic, butter, fresh lemon juice and chicken broth) and once you try it you’ll want to add it to everything!
If you want an even richer sauce you can add an extra tablespoon or two of butter here but I like to keep it on the healthier side so I kept it at a minimal 3 tablespoons (oh plus the teaspoon to saute the garlic) and it’s just enough.
This salmon is a restaurant worthy dish that you can make in the comfort of your own home in 20 minutes! It easily is one of my favorite salmon recipes I’ve made! I just served this with brown rice and steamed asparagus and it all came together perfectly (couscous or quinoa would be good too). But oh just look at that sauce…
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Remove salmon fillets from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepared garlic lemon butter sauce. In a small saucepan melt 1 tsp butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until lightly golden brown, about 1 - 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Let sauce simmer until it has reduced by half (to about 3 Tbsp), about 3 minutes. Stir in butter and honey and whisk until combined. Set sauce aside.
- Dab both sides of salmon dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a (heavy) 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering add salmon and cook about 4 minutes on the first side until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook salmon on opposite side until salmon has cooked through, about 2 - 3 minutes longer.
- Plate salmon (leaving oil in pan) and drizzle each serving generously with butter sauce, sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices if desired. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy