A super easy, super delicious Roasted Parmesan Asparagus recipe! Includes fresh garlic and shredded Parmesan for great flavor. It’s the perfect side to beef, chicken or fish.
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
I don’t share a whole lot of side dish recipes here, because to be honest the side dish recipes around my house usually consist of 1 to 3 ingredients, like steamed veggies or veggies and an upgrade of browned butter (yep, going all out with that).
I put most of my efforts into the main dish, because I don’t usually have a lot of time to make a big meal, especially on weeknights. So, with that said here is a super easy side dish recipe that you can prepare and have ready in no time!
Many of you have likely already tried this or something similar, but if you haven’t then make it…like right now. Roasted veggies are my FAVORITE!
The depth of flavor that shines through from roasting veggies just can’t be found from any other method of cooking (except maybe grilling, but still there’s a different more charred flavor profile there).
Basically, this Parmesan asparagus will outshine your main dish and everyone will want a double serving! This roasted asparagus is so irresistibly good (yes, I just used the word irresistible with a vegetable), and of course asparagus is so good for you, so eat up!
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus Ingredients
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Really, the garlic and lemon are optional, so if you want to narrow down ingredients to make it a super simple roasted asparagus recipe, go right ahead.
How to Roast Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together garlic and olive oil.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Roast until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan, then place back in oven to melt the cheese slightly.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Can I Use Another Type of Cheese in This Recipe?
Yes, feel free to use any cheese you’d like. Firm, salty cheeses pair really well with roasted asparagus.
How to Tell When Asparagus is Done
You’re looking for the asparagus to be fork tender, but not mushy. You want there to still be a slight bite to it!
Tips for the Best Parmesan Asparagus
- Buy thick asparagus and trim the ends before roasting.
- Roast asparagus in a single layer, otherwise it won’t cook properly.
- Roasted asparagus is best enjoyed right away, as it doesn’t reheat well.
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes to Try:
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Cinnamon Honey Butter Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes Carrots and Green Beans
- Honey Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes
More Asparagus Recipes You’ll Love:
- Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Teriyaki Shrimp and Asparagus
- Baked Salmon in Foil with Asparagus
- Chicken and Asparagus with Provolone Cheese Sauce and Bacon
- One-Pan Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
A super easy super delicious roasted asparagus recipe! Includes fresh garlic and shredded parmesan for great flavor. Perfect side to beef, chicken or fish.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs asparagus (use thick spears), tough bottom ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges , for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, using a spoon stir together garlic and olive oil while pressing garlic against sides of bowl to extract some of the juices to infuse oil with flavor.
Place asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet in a mound then pour garlic mixture over top and toss and rub spears to evenly coat.
Spread into a single layer on baking sheet (place a row horizontally and couple rows vertically to fit them all if needed), sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 15 minutes then remove from oven, sprinkle cheese evenly over top and return to oven and roast 1 minute longer, or until cheese has melted.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges for spritzing.
- Roasted asparagus is best enjoyed right away, as it doesn't reheat well.