Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip (3 Ingredient 3 Minute Recipe)

06.06.2012

Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip | Cooking Classy

Cheesecake, caramel, apples – love all the above so why not put them all together? I wanted a simple dip for my apple one day and caramel apples are one of my favorite desserts, as is cheesecake, so I thought I may as well combine them all into one quick and ridiculously easy dip. To say this dip is good is speaking much too lightly. I’m totally in love with it! It makes a great last minute treat for a party because, really it can be made in just a few minutes (and if you have an apple slicer things are almost too easy to be true). Serve it with your favorite kind of apples (I think it would also be delicious with bananas and maybe a drizzling of chocolate mmm) and enjoy!

Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip | Cooking Classy

Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip (3 Ingredient 3 Minute Recipe)

Yield: 10 servings

Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip (3 Ingredient 3 Minute Recipe)

Ingredients

• 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, chilled
  • 1 cup caramel ice cream topping, chilled (I used Hershey's in the glass jar)
  • 1 store bought graham cracker pie crust, crumbled

Directions

• Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy for about 1 minute. Stir in caramel ice cream topping. Break graham cracker pie crust into pieces and place pieces in a ziploc bag, then seal bag and using a rolling pin crush graham cracker crust pieces until finely broken (there should no longer be chunks). Serve with apple slices. Dip apple slices into caramel cheesecake dip then into broken graham cracker crust. Store cheesecake dip in refrigerator up to one week.
  • Note: this dip is also delicious with a bit of cinnamon (about 1/4 tsp) and a few dashes of nutmeg mixed in.

• monsterscircus: That’s new, it’s really genius, and I have to try this, great summer guest snack. June 6, 2012 at 10:36pm Reply

• Lisa Christine Johnson: Sounds amazing! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks! June 7, 2012 at 11:29am Reply

• Jennifer {Mother Thyme}: Brilliant! This dip looks amazing! June 7, 2012 at 12:55pm Reply

• Alessandra: Love this quick and easy snack especially for a busy day super great recipe, thanks for sharing. June 8, 2012 at 1:09pm Reply

• Anonymous: OMG! June 12, 2012 at 1:00pm Reply

• Anonymous: This is good to bring for a work potluck!! Thank you! June 12, 2012 at 6:03pm Reply

• Anonymous: Wouldn’t it be easier with a box of graham cracker crumbs? June 16, 2012 at 10:20am Reply

• anon: just made this, sooo good! thanks for the recipe! June 16, 2012 at 3:39pm Reply

• Anonymous: In felt like a kid licking the spoon and the bowl lol June 16, 2012 at 5:39pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Anonymous – I tried this with crushed graham crackers first but I wanted it to have a little more authentic cheesecake flavor, you know the crust with the buttery bad for you goodness =) so I decided to try it with a cheesecake crust and liked it better but you are more then welcome to do it either way. Both ways are good I just liked the graham cracker crust better.

Anon- I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed this, your very welcome!

Anonymous – ha! I did the same thing! Isn’t it grand =). June 16, 2012 at 7:04pm Reply

• Heather Wine: Does this hold well for a day or two in the fridge? June 27, 2012 at 1:27pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Heather – yes this holds very well for a day or two, I hardly noticed much difference in it at all the next day. It lasts great for at least a week I’d say. Enjoy! June 28, 2012 at 11:28am Reply

• Toi: I’m so glad I found this recipe. I’ve been looking for an apple dip recipe ever since I sampled a caramel apple dipped in cream cheese/graham crackers at a local candy shop. Now I can adopt the flavors and make it at home :) June 28, 2012 at 3:13pm Reply

• Ane: Uten Gluten: This looks really really delicious! Looks like a must try. June 29, 2012 at 1:49pm Reply

• Resa: I read this recipe about a week ago and decided to try to make it today. This dip is amazingly easy and SUPER tastey!!! When I grow up and have children I will definately make this for them because its really simple and extremely tastey! July 13, 2012 at 7:29pm Reply

• Anonymous: This is almost like the dip i make.. Mine has creme cheese, brown sugar and the carmal topping mixed together…and when i was pregnant i dipped everything in it… Apples, chips, veggies too haha LOVED IT! Ill have to do the gramcracker pie crust next time i make this though.. It just sounds so delish all together! Thanks for the recipe :) July 14, 2012 at 3:58pm Reply

• Anonymous: Another good apple dip is peanutbutter mixed with marshmallow cream or fluff. July 30, 2012 at 5:44pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Anonymous – that is genius, peanut butter and marshmallow creme I definitely need to try that. Thanks for the comments everyone! July 31, 2012 at 8:15pm Reply

• Anonymous: Try peanut butter 1/3 cup and vanilla yogurt 2/3 cup wonderful………. August 16, 2012 at 4:53pm Reply

• Susan: Using this recipe as inspiration, along with everyone’s comments, I combined cream cheese, marshmallow cream, peanut butter, cool whip, and about a quarter cup of brown sugar to make a dip for apple slices. Um… YUM!! August 24, 2012 at 3:42am Reply

• Anonymous: Thanks to my cousin Olivia for posting this recipe :-) September 11, 2012 at 3:47pm Reply

• Balanced Britt: I found your websIte on pInterest and made this tonight to take to a party tomorrow! So delicious and easy. September 20, 2012 at 8:01pm Reply

• Anonymous: This dip is amazing! Definitely serving it at my housewarming party! I actually used a box of graham cracker crumbs and put them right on top of the dip. thank you for sharing this yummy recipe! September 26, 2012 at 1:12pm Reply

• Lori Tillman: Best way to keep apples from browning is to throw the cut apples in a ziploc bag with lemon-lime soda and then drain off. Not as tart as lemon juice and works great! September 28, 2012 at 6:33am Reply

• Jaclyn: Lori Tillman – Thank you thank you for that awesome piece of advice! I’m always trying to figure out how to keep them from browning without adding all the flavor and tartness of lemon juice. You’ve now solved my problem =). Thanks for your comment! September 28, 2012 at 10:21pm Reply

• Tracy: Made this for a light appetizer before dinner with friends last night. It was AMAZING! and sooooo easy. It’s my new favorite appetizer to bring to parties. Love it! October 6, 2012 at 7:17am Reply

• Anonymous: I wonder how would it be to just add the crushed crust into the dip itself? October 14, 2012 at 8:45am Reply

• Anonymous: How do you think cream cheese frosting would work instead of regular cream cheese? I’m afraid to try it without online approval,LOL. October 17, 2012 at 2:03pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Anonymous – the texture would be different probably runnier and it would definitely be sweeter, I wouldn’t recommend it but you could always try it and see =). October 17, 2012 at 2:14pm Reply

• Anonymous: Do you have to treat the cut aples slices so they don’t turn brown ? November 4, 2012 at 1:13pm Reply

• Jaclyn: I would suggest trying Lori’s advice in a comment above, she says to toss the apples in lemon lime soda then drain off. I hope that helps! November 5, 2012 at 10:36am Reply

• Anonymous: Can I use ginger ale instead of lemon lime soda?
    November 11, 2012 at 11:33am Reply

• Anonymous: Sooo good I made this as an after school treat ill definitely be taking it to parties work and thanksgiving dinner November 20, 2012 at 3:21pm Reply

• Kelly Furche: This was so delicious but I have a ton of it. Can it be frozen? November 27, 2012 at 3:08pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Kelly – I personally don’t like the way that cream cheese freezes/thaws but I would definitely say you may as well give it a shot rather than tossing it =). Glad you enjoyed! November 27, 2012 at 11:46pm Reply

• Anonymous: Would whipped cream cheese well with this? November 28, 2012 at 5:02pm Reply

• Jaclyn: Yes whipped cream cheese would probably work great – it make it so you could skip the step of whipping the cream cheese until fluffy since it’s already whipped. I hope you love this dip! November 28, 2012 at 8:39pm Reply

• Harmony: Made this last night to rave reviews. A couple of notes on portions: 19 people (including 3 smaller children) shared this but I think it would serve 12-15 well. I used crushed cinnamon graham crackers and 9 crackers (1 package or 1/3 of a box) were significantly more than needed–I think maybe 6 would do it. And I only cut 6 medium apples into 8ths; we needed at least 8, maybe 10.

Thanks Jaclyn–we’ll definitely be making this again! December 18, 2012 at 12:37pm Reply

• Thrifty T's Treasures » Favorite Pinterest Finds: […] source […] February 15, 2013 at 8:39am Reply

• restaurant Fort Lauderdale: It’s looking very yummy! Cream cheese is my favorite type of cheese and I care not for mozzarella and cheddar, or any other kind. Being the biggest fan of cream cheese, I go as far as eating it plain for my meals! I know I would have to cut down on my consumption and your dip gave me good chance to finally try reducing. Thank you for posting. February 19, 2013 at 11:22pm Reply

• Denice: Can I dip the apples then roll them in the crumbled pie crust and serve them on a tray? I would like to serve them at a bridal shower and I think it would be more convenient already dipped.
    Denice April 8, 2013 at 1:43pm Reply

• Jaclyn: It may slide off after it has sat for a minute, what I’d recommend is getting some of the little clear plastic cups (for like dips and ketchup) and doing individual servings of the dip and maybe just sprinkling the graham cracker over the tops. Hope that helps! April 9, 2013 at 8:30am Reply

• Kaaey: I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I followed the directions exactly- 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, whipped them, then tried to stir in the caramel topping, but the cream cheese and the topping aren’t really mixing and I’m ending up with a soupy, cottage-cheese-like consistency. It doesn’t look anything like the peanut-butter-consistency you show in the photos. I’ve tried whipping it more to get it to mix but it’s still not working- very clumpy. The cream cheese and the caramel topping (Hershey’s, just like you recommended) aren’t mixing well. Any thoughts??

It still tastes good, btw, it’s just that the texture is a little bit off. October 12, 2013 at 8:17am Reply

• Jaclyn: I’d make sure that the cream cheese is really fluffy before adding the caramel topping – next time you could maybe even begin with whipped cream cheese. Also I’d highly recommend Philadelphia cream cheese as it always seems to be the smoothest. It may also help if you soften it a little next time, just chill before serving. Hope that helps!! October 23, 2013 at 7:47am Reply

• Lawcodename: Make sure that the cream cheese is warmed up to pretty close to room temperature before you mix it. If it’s cold, it chunks up into that cottage cheese texture and doesn’t whip up or blend properly. I hope that helps! February 22, 2014 at 7:04pm Reply

• Allie: Thank you so much for this recipe, it’s one of my go-to quick desserts now! Love it! Thank you for all the time and energy you put into this website, for people you may not ever meet. Bless you!! – Allie :) September 16, 2014 at 11:04pm Reply

• Jaclyn: I’m so glad you liked it Allie! Thanks for your comment and thanks for the thanks :)! September 17, 2014 at 10:53pm Reply

• Christiane: I am looking for some ideas to bring to a Halloween Party and this sounds really delicious! I was wondering if I could use homemade caramel sauce. How is the consistency of the Hershey’s ice cream caramel sauce? October 20, 2014 at 11:26am Reply

• Jaclyn: You could definitely use homemade, the store bought is runnier but homemade would be just that much better. I used store bought to keep it simple. November 13, 2014 at 4:49pm Reply