I’m a huge fan of fruit dips, or any dip for that matter and since we’ve got one more party to be had this year on New Year’s Eve I decided we may as well have one more dip to add to the list. Plus you can never really go wrong with a little chocolate in your life.
This Chocolate Fruit Dip is a dip that everyone will love! It’s incredibly creamy, perfectly light and fluffy and it’s loaded with chocolate flavor. And did I mention it’s incredibly easy to make?
This is one of those dips that’s so good you might not even care so much about the fruit, you’ll want to just grab a spoon and dive in. You’ll love the way it compliments strawberries and bananas though. I thought raspberries would be another delicious option. I wonder how a citrus might be with it too, such as tangerines?
Enjoy and have a great weekend everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form, addw 2 Tbsp of the powdered sugar and whip until nearly stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whip together cream cheese, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of the powdered sugar, the cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in whipped cream mixture and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with strawberries, bananas or raspberries.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy