Chocolate Fruit Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Fruit Dip takes fruit to a new level of deliciousness! This dip is light and fluffy, decadently rich and perfectly chocolatey. It’s a dreamy indulgence.
Chocolate Fruit Dip Recipe
This Chocolate Fruit Dip is a dip that people of all ages will love! It’s one of those dips that’s so good you might not even care so much about the fruit, you’ll want to just grab a spoon and dive in.
I love how this fruit dip recipe is the perfect treat for any occasion or celebration, and you can make it year round. It’s always a party favorite and it will easily disappear in no time! Plus, it only requires a few simple ingredients you may already have on hand.
This dip has such a deliciously rich chocolatey flavor and it may be a splurge, but at least you are getting plenty of fresh fruit with it. So it beats eating a big slice of cheesecake. Plus it tastes like cheesecake. Win win.
It will also give you that chocolate-covered strawberry flavor when you serve it with strawberries, and who doesn’t love chocolate-covered strawberries?? Trust me, you’ve got to try this dip soon!
Chocolate Fruit Dip Ingredients
This is a cream cheese fruit dip that comes together in mere minutes. Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Fruit Dip
- Beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to the cream and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, more powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the heavy cream, along with the remaining powdered sugar.
Can This Chocolate Fruit Dip be Made in Advance?
You can make this cream cheese fruit dip up to 4 hours in advance. After four hours, the fruit dip will become less fluffy.
What Fruits Should I Serve with This Fruit Dip?
I love it best with strawberries and bananas. But I think raspberries would be another delicious option. And I wonder how a citrus fruit would taste with this, such as tangerines or oranges?
Tips for the Best Fruit Dip
- The cream cheese should be softened to room temperature. Otherwise it won’t whip up properly.
- Feel free to scale back on the amount of powdered sugar you add to this recipe, if you prefer a tangier fruit dip.
- Double check that your cocoa powder is unsweetened.
More Fruit Dip Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Caramel Cheesecake Apple Fruit Dip
- Two Ingredient Fruit Dip (A 60 Second Recipe)
- Lemon Fruit Dip
- Cheesecake Nutella Dip
- Toffee Apple Dip
Follow Cooking Classy
Chocolate Fruit Dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar , divided
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form, addw 2 Tbsp of the powdered sugar and whip until nearly stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whip together cream cheese, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of the powdered sugar, the cocoa powder and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in whipped cream mixture and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with strawberries, bananas or raspberries.
- The cream cheese should be softened to room temperature. Otherwise it won't whip up properly.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy